It’s ‘all systems go’ for the Society for Underwater Technology’s (SUT’s) foundation-level virtual Subsea Awareness Course (SAC) being presented over 15-hours on five mornings by leading industry figures. The virtual course is based on SUT’s highly successful face-to-face 5-day course from which more than a thousand delegates have benefited over more than 20 years.
The interactive sessions will run from 10:00 until 13:00 on 7-11 June 2021 with open sessions before and after enabling delegates to network and discuss the topics under review. Registration is at www.sut.org/branch/london/virtual-subsea-awareness-course/
As Cheryl Burgess, Chief Executive of SUT explained:
“The virtual SAC is aimed at new entrants who are already technically qualified but just entering the offshore energy industry and/or the subsea sector; at technically qualified experienced personnel undergoing a technology transfer and conversion process into the subsea sector; and at non-technical personnel from legal or finance sectors who regularly deal with the subsea sector.”
Sessions will cover over the five mornings will cover Subsea Production Equipment & Systems; Flow Assurance; Pipeline & Risers; Constructions & Installation; Metocean; Renewables and Future Technology Trends; and Operation, Maintenance & Decommissioning.
Cheryl Burgess added:
“We’re looking forward to the type of positive feedback from delegates as we get for the face-to-face SAC which over and over again has included comments such as:
- “Great course and great instructors”
- “Well organised and the presenters made learning about subsea enjoyable”
- “A great course from which to gain a thorough understanding of the existing technologies that can help solve current problems”
- “This course increased subsea vision and understanding”
- “Extremely helpful and definitely recommended for people of all disciplines”
- “The presenters were excellent, and the course material was at a very professional level”
- “It helped me improve and consolidate my existing knowledge”
The course fee for SUT members is £715 (with this discounted price also available to EEEGR, OES and EIC members; and £845 for non-members (excluding VAT where chargeable); the specialist presenters from across the sector including operators, contractors, and technology suppliers will be announced shortly.