Offshore Site Investigation and Geotechnics
Proceedings of the seventh international conference, held 12–14 September 2012 at the Royal Geographical Society, London
ISBN 0 906940 53 2, ISBN–13 978 0 906940 53 2
Hardbound, 674 pp, Colour
Order Reference C42, Price: Non-members £220, members £198
The Offshore Site Investigation and Geotechnics (OSIG) Group of the SUT is pleased to announce its 7th International Conference, ‘Integrated Geotechnologies – Present and Future’. This conference will continue the aims of this established series, started in 1979, of disseminating and communicating the latest developments in all aspects of marine geotechnology.
The needs of the offshore industry have evolved substantially since the first conference held in 1979. While foundation developments continue to be important, there is now greater emphasis on integrating marine geology, geophysics and geotechnics. New challenges are being presented in geohazard assessments and geotechnical aspects of renewable energy, deepwater developments, floating production, pipelines, subsea tie backs and new environmental conditions.
Exciting developments for this conference included hosting the inaugural Bramlette McClelland lecture, organised by the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) in commemoration of one of the pioneers of offshore geotechnical engineering. The conference also held combined sessions featuring papers from special offshore issues of Géotechnique and Near Surface Geophysics, both leading journals in their respective specialist fields.
- Foreword – PG Allan
- Bramlette McClelland: Offshore Geotechnical Engineering Pioneer – AG Young
- Introduction to Dr James D (Don) Murff: The First McClelland Lecturer – P Jeanjean
- Inaugural McClelland Lecture: Estimating the Capacity of Offshore Foundations – JD Murff
- Keynote Address: Data Integration and Uncertainties in Geohazard Assessment – E Cauquil
- Keynote Address: Cyclic Loading of Offshore Piles: Potential Effects and Practical Design – R Jardine et al.
- Phenomenology of the Consolidation of Marine Clays with Methane Gas – R Nava Castro et al.
- Safeguarding Coldwater Coral Reefs: A Method for Mapping and Characterisation – KE O’Connell and PM Collins
- The Effect of Rising Gas on Submerged Foundations and Structures – DW Cox; Dogger Bank – A Geo Challenge – C Cotterill et al.
- The Role of Archaeology in Offshore Site Investigation for Renewable Developments – SHL Arnott and PA Baggaley
- Evidence of Tertiary Instrusive Rock at the West of Duddon Sands Offshore Wind Farm – MA Liingaard et al.
- Conductor Jetting Experiences in Deepwater Offshore Ghana – An Investigation into Geotechnical and Operational
- Influences on Success, and Establishment of Future Best Practice – B Mackenzie et al.
- Numerical Simulations of Hydro Sound Emissions Due to Offshore Pile Driving – M Milatz et al.
- Wireline Logging for Deepwater Geohazard Assessment – The Last 10 Years and the Next 10 – A Digby
- Technical Vetting of Free-Fall Cone Penetrometer – P Jeanjean et al.
- Rate-Effect Correction Methods for Free-Fall CPT Data in Deepwater Gulf of Mexico – An Operator’s Perspective – RL Buhler and JME Audibert
- Effects of Gas Emanation on the Mechanical Properties of the Foundation Soils of the Gulf of Mexico – R Nava Castro et al.
- Synergies Between Seabed Surveys for Engineering and Environmental Applications – A More Efficient Approach – R Salisbury and P Collins
- Environmental Impact of Subsea Trenching Operations – S Gooding et al.
- Dynamic Penetration of a Sphere in Clay – J Morton and CD O’Loughlin; Low Logistics AUVs – An Advanced Survey Tool – A McMurtrie and P Banks
- Recent Developments in Deepwater Seafloor Geotechnical and Mineral Exploration Drilling – PK Robertson et al.
Testing a New Submersible Drill Rig – F Romero et al.
- The Role of Site Surveys in Carbon Capture and Storage – D Long and M Akhurst; SOLCYP: A Four-Year Joint Industry Project on the Behaviour of Piles under Cyclic Loading – A Puech et al.
- Development of Degradation Laws for Describing the Cyclic Lateral Response of Piles in Clay – M Khemakhem et al.
- Local and Global Behaviour of Axial Cyclic Loaded Instrumented Model Displacement Piles in Sand – S Rimoy et al.
- Temperature Effects on Laboratory Strength Measured on Soft Clays Sampled in Deepwater and Cold Environments – T Lunne et al.
- Interface Shear Testing of Gulf of Guinea Sediments: Implications for the Design of Hot-Oil Pipelines and Suction Caissons – MYH Kuo et al.
- Cyclic Axial Load Tests on Driven Piles in Overconsolidated Clay – O Benzaria et al.
- Axial Pile Capacity of Wind Turbine Foundations Subject to Cyclic Loading – B Stuyts et al.
- Experimental Investigation of Cyclically Axially Loaded Piles – M Rouainia et al.
- Stability of Cast in Place Piles in Sand under Axial Cyclic Loading – A Guefrech et al.
- A Constitutive Model of Soil Based on Variables Related to the Internal State of the Material – Y Bagagli and E Vincens
- Clay Slurry Strength Improvement Using Calcium Hydroxide – J Kennedy et al.
- Stability of Submarine Foundation Pits – J Bubel and J Grabe
- Laboratory Measurement of the Remoulded Shear Strength of Clays with Application to Design of Offshore Infrastructure – DJ DeGrootet al.
- A New Framework for Axial Pipe-Soil Resistance, Illustrated by a Range of Marine Clay Datasets – AJ Hill et al.
- A New Framework for Axial Pipe-Soil Interaction, Illustrated by Shear Box Tests on Carbonate Soils – DJ White et al.
- Lateral Resistance of Rock-Dumped Pipelines – J Kennedy et al.
- Improving the Performance of Offshore Pipeline Ploughs Using Vibration – A Zefirova et al.
- Effect of Gapping on the Uplift Resistance of a Shallow Skirted Foundation – DSK Mana et al.
- Centrifuge Modelling of a Hybrid Foundation for Subsea Equipment – C Gaudin et al.
- Experimental Yield Surface for Soil-Pipeline Interaction in Very Soft Soils – M Orozco-Calderon et al.
- Failure Mechanisms in Soft Soil Berms During Lateral Buckling of Pipelines: A Centrifuge Modelling Study Using PIV Analysis – A Rismanchian et al.
- Development of Pile Design Methodology for an Offshore Wind Farm in the North Sea – AS Merritt et al.
- Axial Capacity of Offshore Piles Driven in Sand Using Four CPT-Based Methods – S Knudsen et al.
- Field Lateral Load Test on Monopile in Dense Sand – P Doherty et al.
- Modification of the API p-y Formulation of Initial Stiffness of Sand – D Kallehave et al.
- A Model Study of How Pre-Drilling Affects Displacement Pile Capacity in Stiff Clays – A Carneiro and R Jardine
- Comparison of Pile Driveability Methods in North Sea Sand – T Byrne et al.
- Pile Driving in Carbonate Soils and Rock of the Australian North West Shelf – A Case Study – P Brunning and B Ishak
- Soil Strength Setup after Pile-Driving Cessation – R Liu and S Yan
- Instrumentation and Full-Scale Lateral Load Testing of a Batter Pile Group at Interstate 10 Twin Span Bridge – M Abu-Farsakh et al.
- Research on the Factors Influencing the Driving of Very Long Piles in the Bohai Gulf – S Yan et al.
- Lateral Resistance of Hybrid Monopile-Footing Foundations in Cohesionless Soils for Offshore Wind Turbines – HS Arshi and KJL Stone
- Axial Bearing Capacity of Driven Piles in Accordance with API and DNV – S Jegandan et al.
- Probalistic Slope Stability Analysis in the West Nile Delta, Offshore Egypt – P Dimmock et al.
- Investigation of a Canyon System off Côte d’Ivoire to Determine Present Day Risk of Slope Instability for a Field Development – K Ware et al.
- Spatially Distributed Probalistic Assessment of Submarine Slope Stability – WC Haneberg
- Submarine Landslide Flows Modelling Through Centrifuge and Numerical Simulations – CS Gue et al.
- An Overview of Submarine Slope Stability and Run-Out Assessment for Deepwater Pipelines – DJ Robert et al.
- Influence of Iceberg Geometry on Soil Resistance in Sand – A Ivanović et al.
- Russian Arctic Offshore Permafrost – A Loktev et al.
- Predicting Spudcan Penetration in Loose Sand from Measured Site Soil Parameters – R Overy
- Skirted Spudcans and Perforation Drilling for Installation of Spudcans Close to Existing Footprints – MS Hossain et al.
- Driven and Suction Anchor Piles for Two Deepwater FPSO Moorings – JL Colliat
- Geotechnical Design and Installation of Suction Anchors for the Skarv FPSO, Offshore Norway – TE Langford et al.
- Field Testing of a Reduced Scale Dynamically Embedded Plate Anchor – AP Blake and CD O’Loughlin
- Early-Screening Hazard Map for Jack-Up Rigs in the Gulf of Suez – B Lietaert et al.
- Numerical Analysis of Spudcan Penetration into Sand over Uniform Clay – P Hu et al.
- Numerical Finite Element Method and Experimental Study of Uplift Capacity Anchors – LN Equihua-Anguiano et al.
- Capacity and Keying Response of Plate Anchors in Sand – CD O’Loughlin and B Barron
- Seafloor Based Drilling and Sample Quality at Soft Clay Sites – AG Yetginer et al.
- The Need to Integrate Geophysical with Geotechnical Data to Aid Pile Design and Installation: A Case Study of the Sheringham Shoal Offshore Wind Farm – R Birchall