Next Course Dates for 2019:
4th – 8th November (fully booked, please contact events to be added to the wait list)
Subsea Awareness 5-Day Course – Aberdeen
Do you want to know about Subsea Technology and Operations?
Understanding the full lifecycle of a subsea, oil and gas, production field development from Inception through to Decommissioning – then the SUT’s Subsea Awareness Course is geared towards YOU.
The Society for Underwater Technology (SUT) delivers a foundation level Subsea Awareness Course (SAC) that is suitable for personnel from the Operators, the Contractors and other interested organisations, for example; Legal, Finance and Engineering Houses.
This course provides underpinning knowledge for new entrants in the subsea sector of the offshore energy industry, as well as offering a refresher for experienced professionals seeking to update their knowledge.
The course is delivered by experienced personnel from across the sector from Operators, Contractors and Technology Suppliers, many of whom are recognised Technical Authorities (TA), and address’ the complete lifecycle of a subsea asset; looking at design, installation, commissioning production operations and the ultimate decommissioning from reservoir to export.
The course offers a balance of classroom and site visits to manufacturing plants/factories, thereby providing a broad spectrum of opportunity to engage from our highly experienced and respected industry personnel, sharing their knowledge.
- This five-day course was originally developed by the Operator community to address growing skills gaps, which due to its success was transferred to the Society of Underwater Technology in the early 1990’s as the industry learned society for the subsea sector; a non-profit making organisation. Since then, the SAC has been developed and refreshed to reflect the technological developments over the period and is geared for industry personnel who wish to expand their knowledge of subsea systems within the offshore and subsea sector
- The modules are delivered by experienced personnel from Operators, Contractors and Technology System Suppliers to offer a broad perspective of the sector, many industry Technical Authorities – sharing their knowledge.
- The course is especially relevant for new entrants to the subsea sector but can also be invaluable to those transferring from other disciplines within the industry, or personnel who have worked in subsea earlier in their career and appreciate the benefit to be had from a refresher course that includes exposure to the latest technological advances from Reservoir to Export.
Who should attend;
- New Entrants who are already technically qualified but are just entering the offshore energy industry and / or the subsea sector
- Technically qualified, experienced personnel who require to undergo a technology transfer and conversion process from another relevant discipline into the subsea sector
- Non-technical personnel from the likes of the Legal or Finance sectors who are regularly dealing with the subsea sector will also find the course rewarding
Whilst most of the course will be presented in a ‘classroom’ environment, the sessions will be interactive, with the opportunity to ask questions and discuss what has been learnt. In particular, hands-on and visual components have been included wherever possible to enable delegates to view software models and products designed for subsea service.
Day 1 – Introduction to the Subsea Sector
Field Developments – Stage Gate Process
Day 2 – Subsea Wellheads, Trees and Umbilicals
Reservoir to seabed completions
Manifold and Protection Structures
Tree Systems – Manufacturing and Testing (Factory tour)
Umbilical – Manufacturing and Testing (Factory tour)
Day 3 – Pipeline & Riser Systems
Design, Strength and Stability
Manufacturing and testing
Installation and Intervention – Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV’s) & Diver
Day 4 – Subsea Control Systems & Flow Assurance
Power and Communications
High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS)
Production Assurance and optimisation
Host – types (i.e. Platform, FPSO’s) and why
Host process handing
Day 5 – Subsea Operation, Decommission and the Future
Decommissioning – Regulations, Well P & A, Subsea Facilities
Way ahead – Subsea Processing, non-metallic materials & introduction to the future of Subsea Systems
SUT Member Rate: £1400 (+VAT)
SUT Non-Member Rate: £1600 (+VAT)
Invoice & Credit card: All major credit cards accepted.
Bank Transfer: Bank details will be advised on request, exclusive of transfer fees and currency exchange rates
VAT must be paid on all registration fees, including those from overseas.
Cancellations are subject to a 25% administration fee where the cancellation is made more than one calendar month before the date of the training course. No refund is payable for a cancellation made within the calendar month immediately prior to the training course – in this event the full sum shown on the invoice remains payable.
Delegates may wish to nominate a substitute in their place.
Please click here for joining instructions and more information about the course.
To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 823637