SUT+ Aberdeen is the official group for developing professional’s working in underwater technology, ocean science and subsea engineering. We organise technical and social events in a range of formats, and promote underwater technology within society by supporting the education and career development of our members.
Join our mailing list to receive news and event updates from SUT+. To get in touch with one of the team email email@example.com
Benefits of joining
Joining SUT+ is a great way to find out more about underwater technology and can provide a number of benefits; whether you’re seeking chartership, looking for work or in the early stages of your career. SUT+ offers members numerous opportunities to develop their personal and professional skills (e.g. network, learn about our industry, lead teams, control budgets, organise events, etc)
Events & Activities
- Presentations / Webinars / Lunch & Learn
- Practical events / Site visits
- Social & Networking Events
- Promoting Underwater Technology through STEM
For upcoming SUT+ events please click here.
Please tell us what events and activities you would like to see from SUT+ and forward any feedback you have for the group.
All SUT+ members are volunteers and there is no fixed level of commitment, however we encourage all members to get as involved as much as possible. Members can volunteer to attend or support individual events, or commit a few hours each week by taking on one of the main roles on the panel. If you’re interested in learning more about the committee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUT+ is committed to supporting the Special Interest Groups of SUT:
- Diving and Manned Submersibles
- Education & Training
- Environmental Forces (SUTGEF)
- Marine Renewable Energies
- Ocean Resources
- Underwater Science Group
- SUT Policy Advisory
- Salvage & Decommissioning
- Subsea Engineering
- Underwater Robotics
- OSIG (Offshore Site Investigation and Geotechnics)
In addition, we also aim to provide support to student and developing professionals by:
- Delivering (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) STEM events
- Engaging with schools and universities
- Networking with institutions and industry
- Organising social activities
- Supporting the education and career development of developing professionals
SUT+ encourages all its members to register as a STEM Ambassador through STEMNET. New STEM Ambassadors receive an induction and are able to complete a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check, which allows them to work promote STEM subjects in schools.
SUT, Enterprise Centre, Exploration Drive, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8GX, UK
t: + 44 (0)1224 823637