About the Mentor Scheme
In 2018, SUT teamed up with Subsea Energy Australia and Society of Petroleum Engineers WA , to put on a co-hosted mentoring program and give everyone the opportunity to broaden their professional network.
Mentoring is one of the foundations of the development of individuals both professionally and personally. The process enriches both the mentee and the mentor and often forms rewarding long lasting bonds and relationships.
Contributions from mentors and mentees alike can have an enormous impact on the development of professionals and by extension create a legacy to our industry.
Mentors – free (2018 intake open – contact Frances Eaton, SPE Board for further details)
Mentees – free for SUT members (2018 intake closed. Watch this space for further details on the 2019 programme)
Information will be continued to be added to this page. For those on the 2018 programme a members-only facebook page has been set up – contact Frances Eaton, SPE Board for further details).
Further topics and dates:
- Negotiating for Success/Communication – September 2018
- How to Be a Leader – October 2018
- Networking Event – November 2018
- 20th August 2018 – “Goals, Procrastination and Prioritising” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 26th July 2018 – “How to Make Networking Profitable” Workshop was held from 4.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA. Click here for the post event report
- 25th June 2018 – “How to Take Charge of your Career” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 23rd May 2018 – “The Art of Taking Intelligent Risks” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Curtin St Georges Terrace (Old Boys School)
- 3rd May 2018 – “Mentoring – Setting the Scene” was held from 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm at Engineers Australia. Click here for the post event report
- 7th February 2018 – “Mentoring Launch” – was held from 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm at Engineers Australia. Presentation given at the event gives a great look into the benefits for both mentors and mentees
- July 2018 – Self Doubt
- June 2018 – Defining and achieving success
- May 2018 – So what about the mentor?