About the Mentor Scheme
Due to the evolving situation of the COVID-19 virus, we have made the decision to reschedule our upcoming events. At present this initiative has been postponed. Please watch this space for further updates.
In 2020, SUT have teamed up again with Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Engineers Australia, Petroleum Club of WA, Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia (PESA) , Society of Petroleum Engineers WA (SPE), Subsea Energy Australia (SEA) and Women in Subsea Engineering (WISE), to put on a co-hosted mentoring program and give everyone the opportunity to broaden their professional network.
Mentoring is one of the foundations of the development of individuals both professionally and personally. The process enriches both the mentee and the mentor and often forms rewarding long lasting bonds and relationships.
Contributions from mentors and mentees alike can have an enormous impact on the development of professionals and by extension create a legacy to our industry.
For the first time, the Joint Industry Mentoring initiative is offering various sponsorship packages for the 2020 programme. More information is available here.
SUT are organising the mentoring programme this year, contact Jennifer Bennett for further details.
2020 Events: cancelled until further notice
- 2 April – Launch Night – CANCELLED
- 30 April – Building Self Awareness Workshop – CANCELLED
- 28 May – CANCELLED
- 6 August – TBC – CANCELLED
- 24 September – TBC – CANCELLED
- 2019-Mar-27 – “Launch Night” Click here for the post event report.
- 2019-May-09 – “Self-Awareness Workshop”
- 2019-May-30 – “Networking Workshop & Network Event”
- 2019-Jun-27 – “Mentors Only Panel Session”
- 2019-Jul-25 – “Mentees Only Panel Session”
- 2019-Aug-29 – “Communication”
- 2019-Oct-31 – “Value based Leadership”
- 2019-Dec-05 – “Close-Out Event” Click here for the 2019 wrap-up flyer
- 2018-Feb-07 – “Mentoring Launch” – was held from 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm at Engineers Australia. Presentation given at the event gives a great look into the benefits for both mentors and mentees
- 2018-May-03 – “Mentoring – Setting the Scene” was held from 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm at Engineers Australia. Click here for the post event report
- 2018-May-23 – “The Art of Taking Intelligent Risks” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Curtin St Georges Terrace (Old Boys School)
- 2018-Jun-25 – “How to Take Charge of your Career” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Jul-26 – “How to Make Networking Profitable” Workshop was held from 4.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA. Click here for the post event report
- 2018-Aug-20 – “Goals, Procrastination and Prioritising” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Sep-26 – “Negotiation Techniques Workshop” was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Oct-31 – “Millennial Leadership Workshop” was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Dec-04 – “Wrap Up Networking Event” was held from 5.15 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA. Presentation given at the event gives a good look at the feedback received for 2018 programme.
- July 2018 – Networking (as per link above)
- July 2018 – Self Doubt
- June 2018 – Defining and achieving success
- May 2018 – So what about the mentor?