About the Mentor Scheme
This initiative was postponed in the first half of 2020 due to COVID-19. The program has re-started in October 2020 and applications have now closed.
In 2020, SUT have teamed up again with Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Engineers Australia, Petroleum Club of WA, Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia (PESA) , Society of Petroleum Engineers WA (SPE), Subsea Energy Australia (SEA) and Women in Subsea Engineering (WISE), to put on a co-hosted mentoring program and give everyone the opportunity to broaden their professional network.
Mentoring is one of the foundations of the development of individuals both professionally and personally. The process enriches both the mentee and the mentor and often forms rewarding long lasting bonds and relationships.
Contributions from mentors and mentees alike can have an enormous impact on the development of professionals and by extension create a legacy to our industry.
For the first time, the Joint Industry Mentoring initiative is offering various sponsorship packages for the 2020 programme. More information is available here.
- October 2020 TBC – Launch Night
More exciting events are planned for 2021!
In addition to the joint industry mentoring program, Wise Professional Network are proud to be able to provide a new concept starting in 2020 – The Spot Coaching Pool!
The Spot Coaching Pool offers short one on one informal sessions where professionals in Perth can call upon the expertise of senior business leaders within the energy industry who provide valuable insights on methods, styles and tactics for non-technical workplace engagements. This can assist by bouncing around ideas for your upcoming job interview, promotion requests, salary reviews, appraisals/performance assessments, issues/grievances etc. The sessions are short, specific and can be held at a coffee shop or a meeting room. You will have the opportunity to ask for ideas on how best to approach your situation or practice a pitch and receive direct feedback in a confidential and non-confrontation manner.
Wise PN would like to introduce this program initially to young professionals in Perth, recognising that in certain cases young professionals may be inexperienced in having career conversations with senior management in their company due to differences in perspectives and experiences.
For more information, and to register for the program, see the links below:
- 2019-Mar-27 – “Launch Night” Click here for the post event report.
- 2019-May-09 – “Self-Awareness Workshop”
- 2019-May-30 – “Networking Workshop & Network Event”
- 2019-Jun-27 – “Mentors Only Panel Session”
- 2019-Jul-25 – “Mentees Only Panel Session”
- 2019-Aug-29 – “Communication”
- 2019-Oct-31 – “Value based Leadership”
- 2019-Dec-05 – “Close-Out Event” Click here for the 2019 wrap-up flyer
- 2018-Feb-07 – “Mentoring Launch” – was held from 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm at Engineers Australia. Presentation given at the event gives a great look into the benefits for both mentors and mentees
- 2018-May-03 – “Mentoring – Setting the Scene” was held from 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm at Engineers Australia. Click here for the post event report
- 2018-May-23 – “The Art of Taking Intelligent Risks” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Curtin St Georges Terrace (Old Boys School)
- 2018-Jun-25 – “How to Take Charge of your Career” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Jul-26 – “How to Make Networking Profitable” Workshop was held from 4.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA. Click here for the post event report
- 2018-Aug-20 – “Goals, Procrastination and Prioritising” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Sep-26 – “Negotiation Techniques Workshop” was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Oct-31 – “Millennial Leadership Workshop” was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 2018-Dec-04 – “Wrap Up Networking Event” was held from 5.15 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA. Presentation given at the event gives a good look at the feedback received for 2018 programme.
- July 2018 – Networking (as per link above)
- July 2018 – Self Doubt
- June 2018 – Defining and achieving success
- May 2018 – So what about the mentor?