2019 Key Dates:
- Applications open – 21 January 2019 – registration link will be available here by this date
- Applications close – 10 February 2019 now 24 February
- Launch night – 1 March 2019 now 29 March (could change again due to venue availability – watch this space)
About the Mentor Scheme
In 2019, SUT will be teaming up again with up with Engineers Australia, Society of Petroleum Engineers WA and Subsea Energy Australia , to put on a co-hosted mentoring program and give everyone the opportunity to broaden their professional network.
Mentoring is one of the foundations of the development of individuals both professionally and personally. The process enriches both the mentee and the mentor and often forms rewarding long lasting bonds and relationships.
Contributions from mentors and mentees alike can have an enormous impact on the development of professionals and by extension create a legacy to our industry.
Mentors – free
Mentees – free for SUT members
Information will be continued to be added to this page. As SPE are organising the mentoring programme this year, contact Claudio Pellegrini, SPE for further details.
- Launch Event – 29 March 2019
Schedule for the 2019 Mentoring Program (dates are provisional at this stage);
- Self awareness workshop 25th April 2019
- Network event 30th May 2019
- Mentors only panel session 27th June 2019
- Menteed only panel session 18th July 2019
- Communication & Public speaking workshop 29th August 2019
- Leadership & decision making workshop 31st October 2019
- Close out Event and wrap up 5th December 2019
- 4 December 2018 – Networking Event (2018 Wrap Up) was held from 5.15 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 31st October 2018 – Millennial Leadership Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 26th September 2018: “Negotiation Techniques” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 20th August 2018 – “Goals, Procrastination and Prioritising” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 26th July 2018 – “How to Make Networking Profitable” Workshop was held from 4.00 pm – 6.30 pm at Engineers Australia – WA. Click here for the post event report
- 25th June 2018 – “How to Take Charge of your Career” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Engineers Australia – WA
- 23rd May 2018 – “The Art of Taking Intelligent Risks” Workshop was held from 5.00 pm – 6.00 pm at Curtin St Georges Terrace (Old Boys School)
- 3rd May 2018 – “Mentoring – Setting the Scene” was held from 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm at Engineers Australia. Click here for the post event report
- 7th February 2018 – “Mentoring Launch” – was held from 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm at Engineers Australia. Presentation given at the event gives a great look into the benefits for both mentors and mentees
- July 2018 – Self Doubt
- June 2018 – Defining and achieving success
- May 2018 – So what about the mentor?
cc. Rex Hubbard