Evening Geoforum – Construction in the Marine Environment: Projects and innovations in the South West Region
13 June, 2017
June 13, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 11:30 pm| Free
“Registrations are now closed but places may become available for allocation on the door”
The SUT OSIG committee is pleased to announce it has organised an evening Geoforum event to be hosted at the SS Great Britain in Bristol.
The evening will comprise of a series of presentations on a range of geo-related themes of particular interest to the south west region with an opening address by Commodore Steve Jermy RN of Marine Offshore Renewables. Each speaker slot will include allowance for a Q&A session at the end. An outline of the session is provided for guidance.
17:00 Arrivals and drinks reception.
18:00 Relocate to the Viridor Theatre (overlooking the quayside) for the speaker session, comprising:
- Introduction – Organising committee, SUT OSIG
- Opening address – Commodore Steve Jermy RN, Marine Offshore Renewables
- Wave Hub – Stuart Herbert, Wave Hub Limited
- A review of Innovation Research within the South West – PRIMaRE
- Geotechnical Aspects of Rampion Offshore Wind Farm – Alice Maynard, DNV
- The Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon Project – Graham Hillier, Tidal Lagoon Power
- Overview of Geotechnical Challenges for Tidal Lagoon Project – Mike Hughes, Atkins
21:00 Venue remains open for discussions and networking
CPD hours can be claimed for this event.
This event is FREE but places must be booked in advance and are limited to the first 150 delegates. Finger foods will be provided, and a cash bar will be operating throughout the evening. Delegates are welcome also to explore the historic SS Great Britain.