23 January, 2017
SUT+ and the University of Aberdeen, would like to extend an invite to an Evening on Decommissioning, to be held Monday 23rd January at 1800 in the Fraser Noble Building at the University of Aberdeen. Offering a series of presentations designed to give an awareness of all the stages of the decommissioning process from the perspective of industry experts.
Confirmed speakers bring experience from an operator’s point of view (Nexen), the largest construction vessel ever built (Pioneering Spirit), an installation contractor (Subsea 7) and representatives from industry groups (Oil and Gas Authority and Pipelines Users Group) along with a presentation from our main sponsors the University of Aberdeen showcasing current decommissioning research.
- Jim Christie (Head of Decommissioning – Oil and Gas Authority)
- John Lawson (Senior Technology Advisor at Chevron and Pipeline Users Group)
- Scott Cameron (Business Unit Director – Subsea 7)
- Jessica Vleugel ( R&D engineer Allseas – Pioneering Spirit)
- Innes Jordan (Subsea Engineer Decommissioning – Nexen)
- Richard Neilson (Director of Research and Commercialisation – Aberdeen University)
This event will be free of charge with the University of Aberdeen kindly providing a light networking buffet and refreshments, giving opportunity to chat to the speakers or talk to University representatives about their Decommissioning Masters programme.
To ensure attendance and to allow for catering orders please register with the following Eventbrite link and we look forward to seeing you on the night.