OSIG South West Geoforum 4 The South West – Local Expertise, Global Reach
OSIG South West Geoforum 4
26 September, 2019
September 26 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm BST
The South West – Local Expertise, Global Reach
Following previous year’s success, the SUT OSIG committee is pleased to announce the next in the popular series of evening Geoforum events to be hosted at the SS Great Britain in Bristol.
The Geoforum 4 evening will comprise of a set of 4 captivating presentations showcasing the global impact of offshore work being conducted in the south west region. There will also be opportunities for networking and discussions with the contributors.
Each speaker slot will include allowance for a Q&A session at the end. An outline of the session is provided for guidance.
17:00 Arrivals and drinks reception aboard SS Great Britain
18:00 Relocate to the Viridor Theatre (overlooking the quayside) for the speaker session, comprising:
- Introduction – Organising committee, SUT OSIG
- Designing Offshore Wind Farms in the US – Alistair Muir Wood; Wood- Thilsted
- Geotechnical research at Bristol University: from local facilities to global impact – Dr Diambra; Bristol University
- Horizontal directional drilling for Cable Landfalls – Tim Riggall; Riggall & Associates
- Explosive mix of turn-key UXO survey and mitigation solutions – Lee Gooderham; ORDTEK
20:00 Relocate to SS Great Britain – venue remains open for discussions and networking
A complimentary drink and buffet food will be provided by the sponsors. Delegates are welcome also to explore the historic SS Great Britain.
Please note, the SUT OSIG General Meeting is being held at the venue earlier in the day, and early registration is recommended to avoid disappointment!
A Certificate of Attendance to contribute towards your CPD is available, please select this option during booking.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries