OSIGp – Movie Night – Call for Subsea Movies
The Offshore Site Investigation and Geotechnics Perth (OSIGp) committee is seeking interested participants for our upcoming 2018 movie night evening event (date tbc), which has been held annually for the past two years.
The format for OSIG movie night is a relaxing evening of short movies showcasing typically unseen geo-related aspects of science, projects and engineering innovation/solutions. Movies are approximately 5 to 10 minutes duration and shown without audio to allow the presenter to provide commentary and unique insights. Movies are then followed by a short Q&A session.
We welcome movies on a wide variety of topics relating to the geo-disciplines we represent. Examples of suitable movies include:
- Installation of offshore foundations, such as piles, GBS, suction caissons, mudmats;
- Investigation techniques and observations, such as new tools, changing conditions or interesting seabed observations;
- Research related topics, such as laboratory experiments and/or field trials;
- Fly-by IMR-type footage, such as ROV deployment pipeline inspections, spanning rectification works;
- Production-type footage, such as dredging, seabed preparation, trenching;
- Artist impression-type footage.
To make a submission or request further information please email: Joe Tom