Benefits of Individual Membership
- Forum for networking and communication between members, branch membership, events and specialist groups
- Technical publications such as: Underwater Technology, the members’ quarterly journal comprising technical papers and reports covering the wide range of marine science and technology interests; more than 40 volumes of conference proceedings in the series Advances in underwater technology, ocean science and offshore engineering
- Programme of events including an extensive schedule of conferences, seminars, evening meetings, visits to places of technical interest and training courses
- Substantial discount off all publications, events and advertising
- Specialist groups covering: diving and submersibles, scientific diving, underwater robotics, subsea engineering, offshore site investigation, environmental forces and physical oceanography, ocean resources, government liaison, education and training and salvage and decommissioning
- Subsea Engineering Register of specialists
- Student sponsorship through the Educational Support Fund scholarship grants
- Careers information in a pack of fact sheets – Oceans of Opportunity.
Individual Membership requirements
Full membership offers all benefits and voting rights. Applicants should either:
- be aged over 21 years
- show a professional interest or experience in the field of underwater technology
- be a graduate of a recognised university or hold a diploma from a recognised engineering institution or a qualification of comparable status in a relevant branch of science or technology
- hold a post of responsibility in the field of underwater technology for not less than three years.
Fellow (elected only)
Fellows must be elected by SUT Council and should:
- be aged over 33 years
- be a member of SUT for at least 2 years
- be engaged for at least 3 years in a senior position of responsibility in a branch of underwater technology
- be identified with the long–term interests of the Society and the achievement of its objectives.
Student membership offers the same benefits as Associate membership at a special rate. Applicants should:
- be aged over 17 years
- be intending to be engaged in the field of underwater technology or in a field of engineering, industry, science or teaching connected directly or indirectly with underwater technology
- be able to provide confirmation of undergoing full–time education.
To join SUT
- individual membership rates
- Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (MEST) Federation – Membership Information
If you need help, please e–mail the Membership Secretary for more information, email@example.com