SUT New Member offer in Association with Oceanology 2019
February 2019 Oceanology International Americas marks 50 years of the Oceanology family of events, started in Brighton by the Society for Underwater Technology in 1969 and now hosted by Reed Exhibitions in London, China and the USA. SUT’s members have played a key part in exploration, research and industry access to the subsea world since 1966, and today SUT is a global, multidisciplinary Learned Society with members in over 40 countries. We’re eager to grow and broaden our membership to face the challenges of the next 50 years, as humankind looks increasingly to the ocean to supply sustainable energy, food, trade, security, raw materials and inspiration – will you join us for the adventure?
To celebrate 50 years of Oceanology International, we’re pleased to offer an exclusive deal in association with OI 2019. Apply to be a SUT member now and receive membership until 30 June 2020 for the price of a normal one-year subscription – go to www.sut.org/sut-membership/ and use special offer code Oceanology50 to gain access to all member benefits for just £76.
We have Branches in Australia, Brazil, China, Malaysia, Norway, Singapore, UK, USA & West Africa with Atlantic Canada opening in Q2 2019 and more on the way – if you don’t have access to a branch we offer a 20% discount on membership fee.
What do you get for your membership?
- Join a global Learned Society with over 50 years accumulated knowledge of innovation in technology, engineering, research, education and exploration of the underwater world.
- Take part in our wide range of committees and Special Interest Groups*
- The right to vote for your council members, stand for election yourself, and express your opinion on all matters of interest to the Society.
- Input to policy advice and technology foresight to governments – influence the future!
- Engagement in UN system, capacity development, knowledge exchange and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Electronic copy of our peer-reviewed journal Underwater Technology, online and printed technology magazines UT3 and UT2.
- Electronic quarterly members’ only newsletter, including updates from the SUT CEO, comprehensive online directories and advertising opportunities.
- Discounted or free registration fees for events, conferences and training such as our highly-regarded Subsea Awareness Courses
- Invitations to participate in networking events across the world.
- Student scholarships for undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Join our International Register of qualified Subsea Engineers.
- ‘Oceans of Opportunity’ careers information for schools and students.
- Be eligible to receive one our prestigious annual awards for lifetime achievement.
- Leadership, career development and mentoring opportunities
- Join SUT+ or Young Engineers and Scientist – groups for young people entering the industry
*List of Special Interest groups – as of September 2018 these include Education & Training; Diving & Manned Submersibles; Global Environmental Forces; Marine Renewable Energy; Offshore Site Investigation & Geotechnics; Salvage & Decommissioning; Ocean Resources (including mining, aquaculture and Blue Economy); Sensors & Instrumentation
To mark our own second half-century we’ll soon be able to offer a pathway to accreditation and internationally-recognised Chartered Status too – watch this space!