SUT Perth – Continuing to Support our Young Engineers and Scientists
SUT are dedicated to promoting and supporting students, young engineers and scientists through various initiates and events. Their aim is to:
- Create awareness of the subsea/underwater industry amongst young engineers and scientists
- Develop young engineers and scientists within the subsea/underwater industry
- Provide networking opportunities to build relationships amongst young engineers and scientists within the subsea/underwater industry.
- Introduce education groups to SUT (high school and/or universities), encouraging them to join the subsea/underwater industry
They achieve this by:
- Funding student scholarships annually
- Working towards a Subsea Engineering Registration (hoping to complete by end of 2018)
- Co-hosting a mentoring programme
- Engaging education groups
- Offering discounted/complimentary technical course/conference/social event registrations; and
- Forming the YES! SUT Sub-committee in 2013 who produce events and supporting several of these initiatives
The SUT April Evening Technical Meeting is dedicated to university students as a platform to show case their capabilities to the industry and give an insight into the future via their presentations (thanks also to event sponsors: Curtin University).
Please visit the SUT website for further information, their YES! Initiatives or simply to check out the events calendar.
Contact Branch Manager: Jennifer Maninin at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you too can contribute.
Actual article published on AOG 2018 website, click here to view.