OSIG South & West England – Geoforum III
27 September, 2018
Brunel’s SS Great Britain,
Great Western Dockyard, Bristol BS1 6TY
Further to last year’s success, the SUT OSIG committee is pleased to announce the next in the popular series of evening Geoforum events to be hosted at the SS Great Britain in Bristol.
The Geoforum III evening will comprise of a set of presentations with a focus on a range of geo-related themes by contributors with particular interest in the south and west region. There will also be opportunities for networking and discussions with the contributors.
Each speaker slot will include allowance for a Q&A session at the end. An outline of the session is provided for guidance.
17:00 Arrivals and drinks reception aboard SS Great Britain
18:00 Relocate to the Viridor Theatre (overlooking the quayside) for the speaker session, comprising:
- Introduction – Organising committee, SUT OSIG
- New seafloor characterisation techniques for cables and pipelines: novel penetrometers and fine scale bathymetry – Prof. David White, University of Southampton
- Projects theme: Marine construction and life cycle management for key energy projects
- Academic theme: State-of-the art research and development
- GIS data management for offshore wind farm construction and operation – Justin Hawkins, Pelagian
20:00 Relocate to SS Great Britain – venue remains open for discussions and networking